Author Topic: Programable IO module  (Read 7245 times)

Offline bfpmark

• PLUS+1 User
Programable IO module
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:05:24 PM »
I have asked Sauer-Danfoss to make a new version of the Input Modules IX 12 and IX 24 and OX modules 12 and 24 which are independent controllable devices.  We can use the same inputs or outputs, so I would expect the hardware to be the same.  I have 3 reasons.  1.  I want to control the CAN messages so that I can control the bus load and only add traffic for the pins that I am using.  2.  CAN by definition has each device independent and is not intended for Masters and Slaves.  3.  If I loose communication, then I want to control how the output devices come to a stop.

Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?  If lots of people want it then maybe we can get them made.

Volker

Re: Programable IO module
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:49:16 AM »
I think that’s not necessary. There are enough different controllers for every application. If you want to use only independent modules you can use more controllers.
The I/O modules are a cheap way to add more inputs and/or outputs to your controller. If you have critical Outputs you should use the controller outputs.