Author Topic: how to Copy screen pages from another scs-file  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
how to Copy screen pages from another scs-file
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
I have opened one project and I want to copy one complete screen page from another scs-file.
What is the best way to do that?

I know, there are some problems: Installing Fonts, image and text library should be updatet first ?

what is your suggestion?

Best regards,
Bernd
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:57:18 PM by Marbek_Elektronik »
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline turboshad

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: chow to Copy screen pages from another scs-file
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »
Using the old editor, which is probably the case here, it is very cumbersome to copy over screen pages. When you insert an image or text Guide will give it an ID in the form of a number that is assigned sequentially as you save the images. In order to copy over a screen from another .scs file the images need to be saved in your new program in the exact same sequence so they have the same ID number. This becomes a problem if the screen you want to copy has images starting at a high number with possible gaps in the order they were saved. So if your screen uses image IDs 24,25,26,30, and 38 you would need to save at least 23 images before you get to the proper ID and also make sure you have 3 images to bridge the 26-30 gap and another 7 for the 30-38 gap. If you have programs like mine then your screen could have images contained in the hundreds.

Long story short is if you have a large program you will probably be quicker to just make the screen pages again from scratch. If you have two programs that are very similar it may be quicker to save the program as a new name and then modify what needs to be changed.

Now the light at the end of the tunnel is that Sauer-Danfoss finally updated their editor and the new editor now saves the images using text as the ID so as long as the images are saved under the same name you should be able to copy a screen from one .scs to another.

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Re: how to Copy screen pages from another scs-file
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
Thanks a lot, it works with the new editor (6.xxx)

Best regards,
Bernd
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung