Author Topic: DP570 Text Disappears  (Read 7408 times)

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
DP570 Text Disappears
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:19:06 PM »
Has anyone experienced this?  All of the text on my DP570 display has disappeared.  I started it up a number of times yesterday with no problems.  Today, no text, anywhere, on any of my pages.  All images and lines are shown like they are supposed to, but no text.  All of the text is set to always enabled, there are no conditions.  Any ideas?

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: DP570 Text Disappears
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:41:03 PM »

well, see topic DP610 damaged..... as I said there it was working fine but next day no screen...

turns out the graphics driver blown out... It was a Brand new display I only had it reflashed like 4 to 5 times... I may had it working  for about 48 hours total...

I hope is not your case

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:14 PM »
Only the text disappearing with no external input or changes?  Sounds like it might be related to color or language selection (which, in the new vector-based screen editor is very convoluted).

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:43:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply's.  I don't think it's a problem with the graphics driver, but I suppose it could be.  It's just that all the of the pictures and lines show up like they are supposed to.  There's just no text.  I wish I had another DP570 to try, but this is the only one we have (we bought only one for a prototype machine).

I'll have to look into my color and language assignments.  So far this is very basic display program and I have not set up any other languages in it yet, nor have I set up conditional colors.  Everything is in English and everything is always black.  But it's possible that I messed something up.

I appreciate your thoughts.  I will investigate these possibilities and report back.

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:26:44 AM »
Hi drlageng!

If you're able to send your application program to me I would be happy to try it out on a DP570 that I have in my test bench to see how it behaves. Please send it as a .p1p to plus1helpdesk@danfoss.com.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk

Offline Jakob

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
Could it be something like a update timing issue,
for instance the text being updated just before the images.
Which makes the text "hide" behind the images.
/Jakob

Offline drlageng

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
I have looked into all of your suggestions and no luck.  I even thought that maybe I might have something wrong with my fonts, but that was a dead end too.

Nilla:  Thanks for the offer.  I will send my program to you right away.  I appreciate you taking the time to look at it.  I'm sure I'm missing some obscure detail.