Author Topic: PLUS+1® GUIDE 7.1 Released!  (Read 8561 times)

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
PLUS+1® GUIDE 7.1 Released!
« on: December 12, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
Dear PLUS+1® Users!

Danfoss Power Solutions is pleased to introduce version 7.1 of PLUS+1® GUIDE.

Using the powerful PLUS+1 software tools, the developer can quickly create application software from the Danfoss library. The “ready-to-use” platform reduces the cost and development time normally associated with programming. With PLUS+1, you can quickly and cost-effectively put your ideas into motion and version 7.1 lifts this to the next level! With its integrated test tool, code can easily be tested and the on-screen debugger allows user errors to be rapidly found.
Version 7.1 of the PLUS+1 Service Tool has new features, too, including the ability to download software to a complete system of controllers and displays with one click. This makes it simpler and faster for our customers’ service personnel, resulting in fewer errors.

For the complete list of new features, please see the Release Notes attached to this topic.

PLUS+1 version 7.1 is again pushing to take mobile machine control to the next level of performance and reliability, providing a flexible development system that makes true customization and intelligent control a reality for our customers.

Please follow this link for downloading of PLUS+1® GUIDE 7.1:
http://powersolutions.danfoss.com/products/PLUS-1-GUIDE/GUIDE-software-and-license/

Best Regards
Daniel
PLUS+® Helpdesk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:42:14 PM by Daniel »
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline Loader

• PLUS+1 Expert
  • If something can go wrong, it will!
Re: PLUS+1® GUIDE 7.1 Released!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »
I have just tested new function of Service Tool for download firmware of a complete system:
Simply Fantastic!
Very good work!
 ;)

Offline 240glt

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
Is the P1D files from the servicetool compatible between version 7.0 and 7.1? Are program files made with version 7.1 possible to download with version 7.0?

I just noticed that the new version 7.1 did not support windows XP. And most of our customers service laptops are running windows XP. Most other service software (for workshop use), including uGraph, will not work with windows 7. Running a virtual computer is one possible solution, but that is quite messy for those that are not computer geeks (including most mechanics).

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:41:41 AM »
Much appreciated new features:
- new compile error icon shown at compile error points
- "view logical net" link under applicable errors
- automatic rebuilding of segmented lines!  Woohoo!
- lowercase file extensions
- pan by right-click-and-hold dragging instead of right-click to new center
- adjustable mouse wheel zoom level

(Still patiently waiting for that multi-line adjustable-width auto-wrapping optionally-displayed-border text box.)

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Hi 240glt

P1D files created in 7.1 should be able to be opened and used also in 7.0 without any compatibility issues. However, you may note that if the P1D file created in 7.1 then is saved in 7.0, some of the new design features of the P1D related to 7.1 will be lost.
Program files (LHX) made in GUIDE 7.1 should be able to be downloaded with Service tool 7.0 without issues.

It is true that GUIDE 7.0 is the last version of GUIDE that officially supports Windows XP­­ (since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft), but 7.1 will most probably still work on XP machines in most cases.
For download and diagnostics for µGraph, it is now also possible to use GUIDE Service tool for that part. Go to Communication -> Protocols, then you should find "µGraph" in the list. Check it to be active and then it will be possible to download applications and access diagnostic signals to create P1D files also for a µGraph system.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline turboshad

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
I'm definitely enjoying many of the new features of 7.1. I was curious if anyone else is having this particular problem though and if there is a way to fix it. Whenever I route a new wire and join it to the bus my "Driven bus members:" menu is all scrambled and nowhere near alphabetical. The names are correct but there is no logic to their order, or at least that I can see. My best work around is to pick a random member and then query it to get an alphabetical list. A quick patch update would be really appreciated.

Other than that there are many welcome new features, great job.

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
Hi turboshad

Thanks for the feedback. The issue with the random order is already reported to the developers.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team