Author Topic: .Bias vs .PinConfig0  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Mike AA

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Dewind Dewatering
.Bias vs .PinConfig0
« on: October 02, 2020, 10:21:58 PM »
I am running into a really weird situation on some DigAn inputs. I am using mc090-010, pin C2P07 thru C2P10. I have the .PinConfig0 set to 3, I expect since this is a pull-up/pull-down, the voltage to be approximately 2500mv. I actually get 5490 or thereabouts with nothing connected. In other hardware such as an mc050-118, pin C1P14 this is labeled as .Bias which I have set to 3 and says pull-up/pull-down, and sets the pin at approximately 2500mv with nothing connected. I don't understand if this is a bug in the pinconfig, or somehow my controller doesn't have internal resistors for the pull to center? I need to use this function so that I can have direction switches only use 1 pin instead of 2.

Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: .Bias vs .PinConfig0
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 01:00:53 AM »
I posted something about awhile ago.

Basically I did want to use the Danfoss Pressure Transducer block, basically it did not work, the variables names are different obviously an error came on.

so I did check if there were new PTBĀ“s that can be updated for those new names but no luck.

so I did mine, not a big deal at all, right ? what does not make sense is why the blocks are not compatible and why they have not been updated yet. if the pressure transducers are PLUS1 compliance. odd

perhaps the HWD pinout explains more about

Offline Mike AA

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Dewind Dewatering
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »
pinias,

I am not sure where you were going with this.

I figured out in documentation and was reiterated by Randy at Danfoss. The MC090 simply has an updated setup and they chose to reference source voltage instead of the 5volt sensor voltage. I simply changed my switch and potentiometer power from the 5volt sensor power to a 12 volt source shared with my controller. I haven't fully tested out everything but the logic feels it should be fine.

Mike

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »
Mikeaa12

do not take me wrong I just wanted to share the fact that in the new models the pin configuration names has been replaced.

before it was Pinconfig0 now it is Bias
before it was Pinconfig1 now it is Range

So I was not sure about the reason of the new names, but it seems you have solve the mysteri.

however if you want to use the Danfoss pressure sensor block it does not work any more becuase of that for instance. that is why I posted a reply. it may not help out to much but it is telling us something has to be different.

Regards