Author Topic: Service Tool 11.0.7 CAN Monitor  (Read 4718 times)

Offline Loader

• PLUS+1 Expert
  • If something can go wrong, it will!
Service Tool 11.0.7 CAN Monitor
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:07:03 AM »
Thanks Danfoss to include the CAN Monitor, I love it!

Bye
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:41:33 AM by Loader »

Offline Loader

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Service Tool 11.0.7 CAN Monitor
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Hello again,
I want highlight this topic.
In our systems we use telematic solutions (WS403) and I was disappointed when I discovered with CAN King I can't see the messages on the bus.
I thought with CAN monitor integrated this function finally be implemented. But I was wrong...
Using the monitor, the only messages visible are those related to the service tool, so it means that the behaviour would be possible.
Could Nilla clarify this aspect and tell us if in the future you'll take care on this point?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:56:56 AM by Loader »

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
Hi Loader!

For WS403 it's only PLUS+1 diagnostic trafic that is sent from WS403 to minimize the used data size. This is not something there is a plan to change, at the moment. I could put in a Wish list for it at your request. If you want that please send an email to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com!

There is a possibility to configure the WS403 to trigger at specific traffic and send data to the portal. If you want more details on how to set that up please send an email for this to!

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

Offline Loader

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 04:39:35 PM »
The disappoint is in progress, I discovered the CAN monitor working only with a design license and it is not available for the customer  :(

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
Hi Loader!

You don't need a Design license (nowadays called a Professional license) but you need to have A license in your License manager. This means your customer could easily get a Trial/Express license using the automated process from the License manager (found under Tools in either Service tool or GUIDE). Using either a Trial (only valid for the first 90 days) or Express license will make the CAN monitor functionality work.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at plus+1helpdesk@danfosss.com if you can't get it to work!

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team