Author Topic: Demo project DP720!  (Read 10803 times)

Thomas

Demo project DP720!
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »
Hi all!

We have got some questions to help desk how to program the new DP700 displays. We created a small example how it could be done.
A short description and Service Tool application is included into the P1P file.

Hope you find it useful  :)

Best regards // Thomas

tommyqvist

Re: Demo project DP720!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »
Hello,

Dould not get the camera to work with this demo. Ideas?

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »
I've got to program a DP570, so that means using the Vector-based screen editor.  I feel like the user manual would benefit with something akin to a walk through, as the current section on the vector-based screen editor seems to be meant more for reference than learning from scratch.  How do I trigger a screen change?  Is there an easy way to tell in my logic which screen is showing so that I can manage button functionality?  I ask because this is the first display software I've used where button function isn't directly tied to which screen you're on - which is fine if there's an absolute way of knowing which screen I'm on.

Can we get an example project that includes a few simple screens and button usage?

Thanks,
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
Hello,

i am new in this and also new with danfoss products.

I use MC050/110 et DP700.

First thanks for your help  :), I find that very intersting but I had trying to modified demo project DP720 to DP700 but without result.

Please could you give me DP700 version demo screen Dp720.  Thanks in advance.

I had trying also to do the example in guide user manual page 467 to 493 but I found difficul to realise because I am newer and I think there are some code part is not incluse in manual.

Please have you the code file of this example.

Thanks in advance for your help and collaboration

Cordially

macbahi

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:02:35 AM »
How do I trigger a screen change?  Is there an easy way to tell in my logic which screen is showing so that I can manage button functionality?  I ask because this is the first display software I've used where button function isn't directly tied to which screen you're on - which is fine if there's an absolute way of knowing which screen I'm on.
There are two ways I know of: Screen control signals and screen output signals. 

Each screen is a separate component (yet another rectangular box) in your application program, and each have a boolean "SHOW" input.  I usually make a screen-management page that contains all the control logic for managing a bunch mutually-exclusive screen-enable signals, one per screen, which are then used to enable a screen as well as enable the control logic for certain button changes.

Each screen definition can also produce outputs signal, which is something new.  The individual objects within a screen have a a boolean status flag named "Is Visible", which you would have to tie to a signal on the OUT bus.  I haven't used these yet.  Seems a bit redundant to me, because the condition that enabled the screen object should exist at the input side as well.

The biggest change to wrap my mind around was how you first create screen "definitions", before they actually exist anywhere in an application page.  Then you drop a "show screen" component into your application page and select which of the screen definitions that component will display.  Just because you've made a screen definition doesn't mean your application needs to use it.  And you can (in theory) use the same definition in multiple show-screen components, as long as the IN/OUT buses have the same signal names.  This could be useful for something like a common valve block or multiple engines, where you have identical signal buses for each valve block or engine and effectively just pick which bunch of data the screens show.  I haven't implemented this in a project yet.

The second biggest difference is the management of bus signals, which is now a two-step process to get the signals to your screen editing window.  You need to "Query" (not "Enter") each screen component and then set up which of the signals from the IN bus get sent to the screen.  Pretty weird and tedious, and unlike any other HMI software I've worked in.

Beware the disproportionate use of object-oriented software terminology in the manual, which I personally feel is unnecessary and confusing, even though I write OO software.

On that note, here's a little screen shot of an example which I tossed together from an existing project by pasting the relevant parts together on the same page for your viewing pleasure.