Author Topic: Application Data Log  (Read 4875 times)

jmklaes

Application Data Log
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »
I am attempting to determine if it is possible to read the data saved in an application log besides the csv format or on a usb stick.  I would ultimately like to be able to read specific values from the application log in my program and use the value in code.  This is in an attempt to eepand memory space.  Does anyone know how this can be done or if it can be done?

drphil69

Re: Application Data Log
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
It cannot currently be done.  You can only write to log files or usb sticks, not read from them.

We have been asking for read ability for a while.  Apparently the new DP700 displays will not have it either.

Offline jashom1

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Application Data Log
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:37:31 AM »
I have done this to review saved data in an Application log, my program saves information into the application log, and retreives it to view on the screen, so you could adapt something similar.

It's a bit of a headache, as the data is saved in ASCII text, and you have to convert back into integers, but it's not impossible.

The heart of it is the Read_AppLog funtion in the Display Function Library, then you need to navigate to the record you want, decode it then use it.

I have found however if you read the application log with this function, you can not download to USB until you reboot the monitor, a limitation which is worth considering.

Good luck!

John.