Author Topic: set NON volatil memory at download  (Read 9038 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
set NON volatil memory at download
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:30:12 PM »
hello guys,

I have an aplication where you can set the desired values using the soft buttons or when flashing the device. Now, when you are flashing the device if the service tool is configured to display parameter setting dialog then you can set all your values right there.

for me it works fine, the problem is with the people on the field they just have the service tool, but for some reason they do not have that choice for the service tool configuration, or in other words they are not allowed to set any values to the non volatile memory at download.

Does anybody knows why?

Does a license for the service tool alone is required?

of course the design view is something that they cannot enable.

thanks for the feedback

Regards

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: set NON volatil memory at download
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »
I know what you mean, and I'm not sure why it's like that.  For some customers/tech's we've install GUIDE Express just so that they can have the full version of the Service Tool.

Another option you might have consider is some logic to flash in defaults at download.  I got this idea from Warren at the helpdesk, and our other controls engineer confirms that this is fairly standard.  You take two NV memory blocks and have the program check both to see if they're equal to some constant (obviously they won't be on first flash).  If they're not both equal to this constant then trigger a signal to flash those parameters in as well as any others you'd like.  See image below:

Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:47 PM »
Hello Tom,

thanks for your feedback. probably for my application the more convinient way will be installing the GUIDE express version.  Basically it is like an universal sensor display, where the "scale" is set by the final user based on their test or to compensate variations between sensors or analog parts.

so once they have one done they may flash- brand new display- 10 or 20 with the same parameters after that they can do it by using the soft buttons because it will be more specific.

that is why it is easier for them to set the parameters at download.

good advice for a default set in case it is suitable.

thanks again

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:24:44 AM »
Hi guys!

To be able to update parameters on download with PLUS+1 Service tool you need to have a Professional license. Getting a Trial/Express license gives you full Professional license for the first 90 days (Trial) then it reverts to the Express version. The Express version gives the user the possibility to use Design. Here is where you can read more about our different licenses and compare them;

https://www.danfoss.com/en/products/software/dps/plus1-software/plus1-licenses/#tab-overview

I hope this helps!

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team