Author Topic: Status/Fault Output Bus  (Read 5955 times)

Offline CShultz

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • TST Hydraulics
Status/Fault Output Bus
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:40:38 AM »
Good Day,
On the Plus+1 compliance blocks, whether it is to be a pump block (H1 EDC) or PVE block, these compliance blocks usually have 'status' and 'fault' as output bus options.  Exactly how does one take advantage of these?  With the 'standard bitwise pattern'.  The examples they show appear to be hex numbers.. are these to be monitored using CANking?  I would assume you could also set up logic so if a fault code was detected, it could trigger a sequence of other events in GUIDE.  I quite simply want to run JS7000 with some PVE's.. and while all the basic functions/logic has been simple, I am intrigued with the Status/Fault buses that I have left empty.

Someone take me to school please!

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Status/Fault Output Bus
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:16:33 PM »
In most of my installs, I must admit that I do not use the Status or Fault signals coming from most compliance blocks. In more tricky programs, I just put a CheckPoint on them so I can see if they ever send a value other than 0 (normal operation) using Service Tool.

But I support the use of these.

Sam

Offline CShultz

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • TST Hydraulics
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 04:36:41 PM »
Thank you for your reply Sam,
So when you use a checkpoint to view the parameters using the service tool, while logging, you will see a numberical digit (not hex/binary) that will represent the status of the compliance block?
IE: Page 29 of 520L0951 (Function Blocks Library User Guide) it shows value 0x0001  Block is not Calibrated.  Would this show up on the service tool as a '1'?

Thank you for your input on this matter. 
Cheers!

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
In fact, Status and Fault are U16 values (from 0 to 65535). So, if I place a checkpoint at their outputs, I'll see a numerical number from 0 to 65535. But the meaning of a Fault (by example) is based on a certain bit being ON (multiple bit can be ON at the same time). In my case, I just check what is the numerical value of the checkpoint and I manually check which bits are ON using the Windows Calculator in Programmer mode.

You could also decode the U16 in the program using a "Split" and two "Decode 8 BOOL" components and assign a checkpoint to the wanted bits. This way, in Service Tool, you will see a nice ON/OFF indicator that is saying if a block is in a specific fault.

Sam

Offline CShultz

• PLUS+1 Developer
    • TST Hydraulics
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »
Good Day Sam

Thank you for the good explanation.  That information does make clear sense to me, so I appreciate your support.
I'll be sure to practice this for it to make sense.

Cheers!