PLUS+1 Tools > PLUS+1 GUIDE

GUIDE v5

<< < (2/4) > >>

BetterAdapted:
Kvaser drivers work on windows 7 - the CG150 is a USB Leaf - want to try it out? - i know they work on  with my i5 dell laptop with canking and a Kvaser USBscanII.

I hope Guide 5 is a step away from an IDE core based on a old pcb editor written in delphi........

Rafal_Typiak:
You seem to be really pro-kvaser :)
I'll give 'em a try. Why not. Though I don't know if the Service Tool will be able to recognize the CG150 after that. Plus, it's not that it's Windows 7, it's that it is a Windows 7 64bit. Other 32bit system will support the drivers.
And I personally don't see anything wrong with a 'IDE core based on a old pcb editor written in delphi'. To me it looks like a CAD engine and I'm perfectly fine with it. The environment isn't perfect, but than what is. Some may find it perfect for them. I would call it - well designed. But that's still just me talking.

BetterAdapted:
My i5 laptop IS 64bit windows7 Pro

Well not sooooo pro Kvaser - they ARE expensive - but the driver allows simultaneous  PC programs to access the same kvaser interface all at once

1st) Hydraulic Machine Simulation c++ program – I redirect Input signals to come from can data so I can simulate the real machinery, speeds analogue reading , pressures and the relationships between outputs and input signals eg motor turns on - rpm back.
2nd) Engine simulation c++ Program (engine readings etc, load simulation)
3rd) c++ program to generate SPN/FMI’s with BAM multi-packet mode for testing fault screens

This model allows me to reuse the Engine and SPN_FMI programs on other applications or products

on IDE's I guess i have seen a lot - PLC's, Visual Studio, Borland, Microcontrollers mainly

My Biggest Wishes for Guide 5 would be:

1) Online Variable viewing & Editing IN THE IDE!!!! - The service tool would implement a protocol to read & WRITE data from any RAM location - this can be disabled if not in debug mode - so like PLC's we can see data where we want in the blocks

2) Display our own ANSI strings on Displays - Imported form text lists or CSV – so we could import a predefined alarms list

4) Proper alarm system between controllers and displays – a block can be used in a MC50 to send an alarm to be logging intelligently on the display! A display component would then show A SPN/FMI/Source with the time it occurred on the screen – the text list can be imported to simplify.

5) Setpoint editing built in - between controllers – a fully named parameter in a controller can be edited with a component in a Screen – this is using the NV/EEPROM protocol already in the service tool.

I already use Data on Change to keep the bus load low and have already done 4+5 as best I can with standard blocks. I guess I can dream on about live editing… lol – still good controllers but SD must realize they are no easy to use on increasingly complex machines

radioact:
Guide v5.0.8 has been released today, however we have to wait until tommorow to get the license file to use it  :)

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideDownloads/index.htm

Tyler

Quax76:
I got the information from SD a few minutes ago and am waiting for the download link ???

Now everything gets fine....
 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version