Author Topic: 7PIN to USB cable interface  (Read 10831 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
7PIN to USB cable interface
« on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:17 AM »
Hello there,

Look I have a controller , a DP610, a I/O module and a RS485 to CAN Gateway in my unit, so In order to make things easy for people that may update the firmaware of the Sauer plus 1 devices I have the 7pin to USB connected to the DP600. however the following happens sometimes.

When dowloading the firmaware to the controller or display it suddenly stops and do not finish the flashing to the device, then the service tool scans the system and found that the device that did not was totally flashed is in boot loader mode.

mm if I try to reflash the device again it fails right away.

I have to power off everything and close the service tool, then power on the devices and download the file, then it Works.

the question is , does any body knows why this happens? what could be the solution?

I appreciate any feedback

Antonio

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: 7PIN to USB cable interface
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
Hi Pinias,

First, make sure you are using the latest release of Service Tool, current device drivers for the Display and latest released DP610 HWD.

If that already is the case or if it does not help, then please send an email with a detailed description to us: plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® HelpDesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »
Hello again Pinias!

Some questions;
  • What do you mean by RS485 to CAN Gateway in my unit? Between DP610 and CAN?
  • Are you using a simple RS485 to CAN gateway or do you also have a converter from RS485 to RS232 as DP610 only supports RS232 and not RS485?
  • What do you mean by a 7 pin to USB interface? Between DP610 and CAN?

I would recommend you to update to the latest version of GUIDE and Service tool as you are running quite an old one. And then also make sure the things Daniel stated below; use the latest HWD and latest drivers for your CAN gateway.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »
Hello Nilla,

a) no, the RS485 is not between the DP610 and CAN, it is between an EATON Softstarter and a EATON PLC that "translates RS485 to CANOpen", so the display gathers all the CAN messages from the EATON PLC and display the information, also the controller looks for some information for shutdown conditions.

b)answer a explains what I am using

C) oh, that is the cable SAUER-DANFOSS USB connector 10103497. in the field it is easier to use this cable to reflash/update the firmware of the controller and display.

I will update my service tool,

I just wanted to mention that the bug found in version 9 probably was already in version 7 or the simptoms I got were very similar. It did not happen very often but sometimes it did happen.

Let me know any comments about

Thanks

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:21:56 AM »
Hi Pinias!

Just so I understand what you are trying to do; you are using the PLUS+1 Service tool (ST) trying to download application software to a DP610 by using the 7-pin connector to USB to your computer? You are not trying to use the display as a gateway to download software also to your non-Danfoss controller using ST?

I created a simple application only consisting of a template for DP610 and downloaded using the 7-pin connector to USB on my testbench and everything works fine using ST version 9.0.8 .
I then downloaded a big application moving from an older HWD file to a newer one which normally takes a little bit extra in time but that was also succesful in ST version 8.1.2. I then went back to download the simple application with only a template using ST v7.2.10 also going from a newer HWD to an older one, again everything was succesful.

Is it possible for you to send your application in .P1P-format to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com for more investigation?

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »

yes that´s basically what I am trying to do.

So far I have not done any changes to my firmware so I have not reflashed any of the devices for the last 2 years.

Probably I will need to update it this year, I will take somo screen shots if that happen and then I could sent you my .PIP file

It should be the same at the bench and at the machine however at the bench you may not have all the critical points simulated.

Attached is a basic CAN diagram about components tied to and lenghts, this will give you a better idea waht I am dealing with.

Thanks for the support

Regards