Author Topic: DP710 hwd v240 not compatible  (Read 1945 times)

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
DP710 hwd v240 not compatible
« on: December 20, 2021, 02:14:58 PM »
I just had an issue with a couple of DP710 programs with hardware v240.  After downloading the programs into the displays the display would not show ANYTHING on the screen.  I had this same issue with version prior to 240 but now it's happening again.  If I update the program to hdw rev 250, the issue goes away.

Offline BrianF

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: DP710 hwd v240 not compatible
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:50:30 PM »
dlewis,
You must have a brand new display. They changed the LCDs on the displays and the new hardware version supports that change.  I ran into the same problem.  If you read the revision history in the What is New section in version 250. You can get a clue to what changes have been made by Danfoss.

I make a habit to watch which downloads the update center offers.  If one of the hardware files is updated for a module or display that I use, I try to read the revision history file.  It gives me a little bit of a warning that something is about to change.  Sometimes it is just a bug fix and I don't have to do anything, other times I know I need to get a new version of the software ready with the updated hardware file.

I have been caught off guard a few times and had to make emergency builds because a machine went down and we had to replace a module and the replacement was one of the "new and improved" modules.