Author Topic: controller serial number lockup  (Read 5612 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
controller serial number lockup
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »
hello Guys,

Look I ran into the following issue.

Turns out I tied the firmware to the serial number of the device which in this case is a MC050, Now since I have some equipments, I started with two general firmware and I ran all my tests. each one was tied to a S/N device.

at the beginning it was easy to work on both but after some tests I keep working only with one firmware for a specific S/N device.

I did all my tests then once every body was happy I had to create the firmware for the controllers of the other equipment and of course will be tied to the S/N.

basically I did a copy of my "master" firmware with a S/N device tied to, then I just changed the serial number for the one now I want to ty to.

it did compile without any issues, the problem wa when I tried to download it to the new controller, even if the S/N was matching the new controller S/N.

kind of weird.

I just could not make it work that way.

finally I decided to start a new project and just copy the firmware on it and input the S/N of the device it will be tied to, then it did work.

ok here is my questions
1.- Does any body knows if the firmware records somewhere else the first S/N to be tied to? and even if you change it, it wont let you download the firmware to a new target since it is still looking for the 1st S/N device

2.- Do you  know what to do if to allow to download the firmware to a another device with a different S/N and of course updated the S/N of the new device  into the firmware without th need of create a new project from the scratch?

I mean the easiest way is to make a copy of the project and update the S/N for the new target in this way all your pin configurations stay the same, starting a new project you have to set up all your pins and other data needed.

I appreciate any feedback about

Regards

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: controller serial number lockup
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
nevermind,

I found the issue, my master firmware was for a MC050-010 but since it is obsolete, the straight replacement is the MC050-110 so that was the incompatibility

thanks