Author Topic: Refactor signals on busses  (Read 4811 times)

Offline SSmith

• PLUS+1 Novice
Refactor signals on busses
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
Hi,

I have been working with Plus+1 Guide for a few years now, and a feature we have been discussing several times is the possibility to refactor a signal name on a bus. For instance, if I have connected a output port and given it a name on the output bus, and I now change the physical connection and therefore would like to rename the signal for that given output I have to manually rename this signal everywhere it is used.

My questions is therefore; is there some way of refactoring a signal name throughout a Plus+1 application?

Thanks in advance :)

- Simon

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Refactor signals on busses
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »
Hi Simon

Have you looked at the tools for renaming ports that are in the View Logical Net window? Standard shortcut key is V or Tools/View Logical Net.

After activating the command and clicking on a signal wire or a bus there are buttons in the bottom left corner of the logical net window for renaming the port on just the current page or across pages. Some care is needed when using across pages as it will rename every port connected to the signal regardless of the existing name. This means that if for example you rename a signal that is connected to a DigIn of a pin on the hardware template the DigIn port will also get renamed all the way to the Hardware Input.

Is this what you are looking for? Details are on pages 108 & 109 of the User manual for Guide v10.

Alastair

Offline SSmith

• PLUS+1 Novice
Re: Refactor signals on busses
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
Hi Alastair,

That is exactly what we needed, thank you very much! I have used the View Logical Net windows many times to browse back and forth, but never noticed the buttons for renaming.

Simon