Author Topic: How to setup multiple pages on DP610  (Read 4710 times)

sdthorson

How to setup multiple pages on DP610
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
So I attended class recently and am working on my first program. How do I setup multiple pages for display and toggle through them? I have my first page in and loaded and working but now would like to setup another page of info and toggle a soft key to get to it.

Offline Jakob

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: How to setup multiple pages on DP610
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
There are many ways, it really depends on how many pages you want.
In any case you have to make a logic block to control the enable signals for the pages.

One of the ways Ive seen it done is to make a button increase a counter.
Then set the pages to activate for each value of the counter.

It is a pretty simple way to do it, and its easy change a later time if it is needed.

I allways make a short intro (splash) screen with machine information, status check and such.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:06:06 PM by Jakob »

ET

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
If you get more than about five pages, mashing a button to cycle between them all gets fairly slow.
At that point, you'd want to make a sort of 'main' page, where you could push one button for every other page you want to go to.
e.g. 1. Motors page, 2. temperatures page, 3. hydraulics page, etc.
Then make it so the ESC button just gets you back to the main page.
You could do other stuff, but this is the easiest way that I've thought of.

As for the wiring in GUIDE, there's a trick.
You need a signal that's shared between all pages you make both for reading, and writing the value on that signal.
There's only one way I've found to force GUIDE to allow multiple pages to all access the same signal for modifying the value:
value connect
It's under component -> switch, counter, memory -> value connect.
See the first attachment for a basic page, which illustrates this.
You'd need one of these pages for each "screen" you're navigating between on the physical DP6XX screen.
Outside of these pages, you'd wire each "active screen" output to each other, so that it's the same signal, shared between pages.
The second attachment shows this.

There's possibly a better way to do this, but this seems to work well enough!

radioact

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:34:30 AM »
I support ET's suggestion,
I run a value connect line to all my pages and have logic inside each page that outputs the new page number. Gives each page the ability to choose what page gets showed next without having some cumbersome logic to determine what page is active, what button was just pushed, and should it change the page.

Tyler