Author Topic: Stuck in "Boot Loader" mode  (Read 7141 times)

wtiff502

Stuck in "Boot Loader" mode
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:10:13 AM »
Good Day All ,
I have a problem with loading a new 88 pin processor , and the DP600 . Both stuck at boot loader mode . This was very strange , considering I just loaded all the same files on another machine yesterday . The DP600 finally loaded , but after 9 tries . My question is this , is there a way to force a download ? And why would this have happened ? The Can wiring was checked prior to downloading the program . So I know that that was not the problem . Any ideas ?

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
Re: Stuck in "Boot Loader" mode
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
Did you do some kind of minor change to the program and then used "Compile Changed"?  I have problems similar to yours sometimes when I don't use "Compile All".  Try recompiling using "Compile All".

wtiff502

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply . No , nothing has been change . But will try here shortly , When UPS shows up .  :D

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »
Hello there,

this is just my experience.

When I have a large file to be downloaded to the DP610 and I am trying to download it by using the CG150 CAN interface, I got stuck.

the way to fix this is by downloading the file to the DP610 using the rs232 port of the lead with the 7pin connector on one enda and the USB connector on the other end.

if the firmware for the controller is also large I do prefer to get it reflasehd using the CG150 not the other way.

I have acknowledement CAN messages between the controller and the display, I may be wrong but I belive that if one of them is already programmed and the other one is in the programming process but it is taking "long time" the ACK messages are also received and some kind of colission happens there. ahhh the other messages that are in the CAN bus are the Engine ECM J1939 so they add more load to the CAN BUS

this issue doesn´t happen when the firmware is quite short.

I have posted this issue some time ago but as far as I remember they ask me to email directly (never did it becuase I found a solution on mi side)

I hope this  helps you :o :o