Author Topic: PVED-CC PLUS+1 GUIDE  (Read 31276 times)

glouw

PVED-CC PLUS+1 GUIDE
« on: December 12, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »
Hi all,

We've got a 7 PVED-CC actuators actuating hydraulic cylinders and motors. Are the actuators programmable via PLUS+1 GUIDE or do they have to be independently programmed with the service tool?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:54:38 PM by glouw »

Offline Rafal_Typiak

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: PVED-CC PLUS+1 GUIDE
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
Hi,
newly bought PVED-CC units (series 4 and above I think) had a thing called PVE Service Tool S4 DJ which ran in Service Tool just for that. I don't know if its still avaliable or where.

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »
Hi

That is right. PVE Service Tool S4 DJ is the tool to use for programming of the PVED-CC. You can find it in the bottom of this page:

http://powersolutions.danfoss.com/products/PLUS-1-GUIDE/GUIDE-service-tool-software-and-license/

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

glouw

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »
Thankyou, Daniel.

I suppose doing so does not require a master unit, eg. a Display or an MCU.

That is, to program the valve bank, I would require a CG150 programmer, an array of PVED-CC actuators, and a couple of CAN bus proportional joysticks.

Am I correct?

Offline Rafal_Typiak

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »
To program them you only need a PC and a Service Tool with a CG150 to serve as a gateway between USB and CAN.... and a power source for the PVED-CCs of course

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »
I asked this years ago,  Does Danfoss have a hwd file or compliance block for the PVED valves to be used in Plus+1 programming.  If not do they plan on releasing one?

Offline tkane

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:46:42 PM »
They have a compliance block (i use it), but they have not released it.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure that everything that is configurable with the PVED-CC Service Tool is also configurable with GUIDE from a MC.  That said, a lot of it may require a fair bit of work.  When I asked the Helpdesk they had not yet been trained to support these, but they'll be able to refer you to somebody internally who can support it.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

glouw

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »
Hi all,

Am I able to change PVED-CC node-IDs? Turns out the node-IDs of the the seven PVED-CC's we own are defaulted to 0x80 (d128).

EDIT:
The PVED-CC's do not show up as ECU's in the PLUS+1 GUIDE Service Tool. We're able, however, to write AVC messages and read AVEF messages from the PVED-CC. CANKing verifies this.

PS. The valves are not hooked up to hydraulic lines. Do they require a pilot pressure to become operational?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:35:55 PM by glouw »

George

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »
Hi all,

Am I able to change PVED-CC node-IDs? Turns out the node-IDs of the the seven PVED-CC's we own are defaulted to 0x80 (d128).

EDIT:
The PVED-CC's do not show up as ECU's in the PLUS+1 GUIDE Service Tool. We're able, however, to write AVC messages and read AVEF messages from the PVED-CC. CANKing verifies this.

PS. The valves are not hooked up to hydraulic lines. Do they require a pilot pressure to become operational?

Hi Glouw, 

Make sure to activate the WEBGPI- PVED-CC protocol.  (CTRL+ALT+P)
If you're missing this protocol I suggest you download the latest service tool (7.1.10 or later)
I've lost a whole day to figure this out, since this isn't documented, and I was to stubborn to search help elsewhere

EDIT:  To make matters worse, the tool on the Danfoss website includes service tool 7.0.6 which hasn't got the needed protocol!
          Shame on you, Danfoss :p

Best Regards
George

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:21:00 AM by George »

glouw

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »
Thankyou, George.

I've consulted the Help desk and local "experts" whom have provided me with equal answers, none, however, mentioning incompatible versions or hidden unenabled protocols.

Nevertheless, I wish I saw your reply sooner. We've shipped back the valves and are having a local rep reprogram the node-ID's.

Danfoss, your lack of documentation is outstanding. PVED-CC's are Plus+1 compliant, or so you advertise. You are to provide us with GUIDE function blocks to control these valves. Having us performing control with timed CAN-TX blocks is madness; it compromises the very nature of GUIDE's purpose.

I will upload a working PVED-CC transmit and receive function block in the future. This will at least save someone else a little time and energy. (EDIT): I will also document its workings.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:55:53 PM by glouw »

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »
I can confirm from recent experience that the Danfoss-supplied PVED-CC Service Tool software was not able to communicate with the PVED-CC's on its own.  I had to first install the "WebGPI_PVED_CC.dll" protocol driver from my already-installed 7.1.10 Service Tool into the special (?) PVED Service Tool.

I also could not communicate with the PVED-CC until I first powered it up, connected it to the laptop, and only then started up the service tool software and added the special protocol.

I didn't try to use my regular 7.1.10 Service Tool software, as George/Geert suggested, because I was worried that there was something special about the PVED Service Tool software as implied in the datasheet.  (Why else, I reasoned, would the download include service tool software, and an old version at that?  Why else would Danfoss not just provide the p1d file?)

Warning: Installing this special PVED-CC 7.06 Service Tool software also messed up a colleague's laptop such that he was unable to run this special Service Tool.  On my Win7 laptop, it messed up my 7.1.10 such that it was no longer the default p1d application, and trying to make it the default again would cause really odd error messages and exceptions at program startup.  Uninstalling the 7.06 Service Tool and re-installed 7.1.10 seemed to fixed everything.

My recommendation to anyone else trying this is to first listen to George and:
  • download and install the latest normal Service Tool, version 7.1.10 or later,
  • download the PVED-CC Service Tool Package,
  • unzip the downloaded package somewhere convenient but do not run any installer,
  • read the included PDF file,
  • download and read the PVED-CC manual,
  • power up one PVED-CC valve and connect its CAN to the laptop through a CG150 (or equivalent),
  • start up the latest 7.1.10 Service Tool software,
  • select Communication->Protocols->Add Protocol and select "WebGPI_PVED_CC.dll".  Make sure it is checked as Active, then click "Save & Close",
  • open the PVED CC Diagnostic_2014.p1d diagnostic application from the previously unzipped download,
  • select File->Scan System, and finally
  • select Parameter Functions->Process Data->OEM_Data->Select NodeId, and choose the detected valve (factory default address is 128, i.e. 0x80).
Best of luck.  If that doesn't work, then try installing and using the 7.06 Service Tool that came with the PVED-CC download package.  On a default installation you'll need to add the required protocol from C:\Program Files (x86)\Danfoss\PLUS1\7.1\P1Tools\P1Diagnostics\WebGPI_PVED_CC.dll.

glouw

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 07:52:04 PM »
Confirmed working.

If you do not see  WebGPI_PVED_CC under the "Manage Protocols" window found with Communication->Protocols->Add Protocol, then in the Manage Protocols window you must add the WebGPI_PVED_CC protocol by selecting "Add Protocol". You will find in the WebGPI_PVED_CC.dll under C:\Program Files(x86)\Danfoss\PLUS1\7.1\P1Tools\P1Diagnostics

Why would Danfoss not manually enable this protocol? The crux of what they do is hydraulic control. If they're pushing PLUS+1 GUIDE, why disable the most crucial CAN based control element by default, and not provide programming functionality support? There is no reason for me to invest countless hours setting up J1939 frames with CANTX blocks with 40ms timers.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:54:03 PM by glouw »

glouw

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
All right, OP delivers:

This example has a DP720 display controlling a valve with node ID 0x86. The message transmit rate is once every 100ms. The valve is halfway retracted in this example with the setpoint value. Message priority is as high as possible.

Right click > Open image in new tab (via chrome) to get the full resolution.

I wish you all good luck.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:29:44 PM by glouw »

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »
All right, OP delivers:

This example has a DP720 display controlling a valve with node ID 0x86. The message transmit rate is once every 100ms. The valve is halfway retracted in this example with the setpoint value. Message priority is as high as possible.

Right click > Open image in new tab (via chrome) to get the full resolution.

I wish you all good luck.

You could replace the lower block (where you have an XOR, delayON and PositiveTransition) with an Oscillator. Maybe it would make a simpler block in the end.

Sam