Author Topic: GUIDE v5  (Read 23273 times)

Quax76

GUIDE v5
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
hi folks,

is anyone outthere, who has any information when PLUS1 GUIDE version 5 is released?
I hope it will fully supply a Windoze 7 64bit system (including the CG150 and DP drivers!). I really need a new computer, but don't want to install a 32bit XP on this machine... :'(

all the best,
Rolf
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:55:32 AM by Thomas »

Thomas

Re: GUIDE v5
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »
Version 5 is on the way, we have not fixed any release date yet. Without promising to much we talk within a month or two depending on how the final testing is going. It will support Windows 7 64-bit, also for the drivers.

I hope you can wait a few more weeks for the new version without to much inconvenience.

Best regards // Thomas

Quax76

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »
Hi Thomas,

thanx for your reply.
I think, I could wait this short time. Hopefully, V5 is down compatibel without any greater actions.
When switching to 4.x I have to work around all projects, because it was not fully compatible (EE Parameters).
Best regards!

Offline turboshad

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »
We were told, most likely unofficially, that it would be available in the next couple of weeks. Just don't hold me to that. ;)

Offline Rafal_Typiak

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
We were told, most likely unofficially, that it would be available in the next couple of weeks. Just don't hold me to that. ;)

I second that. The only problem for me is that I already have a new machine which runs a 64bit W7 and for over 4 months now I have to switch between compiling programs on a i7 rig and copying them onto the device through a Celeron 400 laptop (it's old, I know  :) ). It's still a lot faster than it used to be though. Earlier, during compilation I could boil some water and make myself some tee. I drank a lot of tee back then... Can't say I blame the SD for the situation with 64bit drivers. I asked if the PLUS+1 GUIDE would run on a 64 bit W7. I haven't asked for a CG150 driver support. Still. I'm waiting with anticipation :)

Rafal

BetterAdapted

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »
Kvaser drivers work on windows 7 - the CG150 is a USB Leaf - want to try it out? - i know they work on  with my i5 dell laptop with canking and a Kvaser USBscanII.

I hope Guide 5 is a step away from an IDE core based on a old pcb editor written in delphi........

Offline Rafal_Typiak

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
You seem to be really pro-kvaser :)
I'll give 'em a try. Why not. Though I don't know if the Service Tool will be able to recognize the CG150 after that. Plus, it's not that it's Windows 7, it's that it is a Windows 7 64bit. Other 32bit system will support the drivers.
And I personally don't see anything wrong with a 'IDE core based on a old pcb editor written in delphi'. To me it looks like a CAD engine and I'm perfectly fine with it. The environment isn't perfect, but than what is. Some may find it perfect for them. I would call it - well designed. But that's still just me talking.

BetterAdapted

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »
My i5 laptop IS 64bit windows7 Pro

Well not sooooo pro Kvaser - they ARE expensive - but the driver allows simultaneous  PC programs to access the same kvaser interface all at once

1st) Hydraulic Machine Simulation c++ program – I redirect Input signals to come from can data so I can simulate the real machinery, speeds analogue reading , pressures and the relationships between outputs and input signals eg motor turns on - rpm back.
2nd) Engine simulation c++ Program (engine readings etc, load simulation)
3rd) c++ program to generate SPN/FMI’s with BAM multi-packet mode for testing fault screens

This model allows me to reuse the Engine and SPN_FMI programs on other applications or products

on IDE's I guess i have seen a lot - PLC's, Visual Studio, Borland, Microcontrollers mainly

My Biggest Wishes for Guide 5 would be:

1) Online Variable viewing & Editing IN THE IDE!!!! - The service tool would implement a protocol to read & WRITE data from any RAM location - this can be disabled if not in debug mode - so like PLC's we can see data where we want in the blocks

2) Display our own ANSI strings on Displays - Imported form text lists or CSV – so we could import a predefined alarms list

4) Proper alarm system between controllers and displays – a block can be used in a MC50 to send an alarm to be logging intelligently on the display! A display component would then show A SPN/FMI/Source with the time it occurred on the screen – the text list can be imported to simplify.

5) Setpoint editing built in - between controllers – a fully named parameter in a controller can be edited with a component in a Screen – this is using the NV/EEPROM protocol already in the service tool.

I already use Data on Change to keep the bus load low and have already done 4+5 as best I can with standard blocks. I guess I can dream on about live editing… lol – still good controllers but SD must realize they are no easy to use on increasingly complex machines

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:28:35 PM by BetterAdapted »

radioact

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »
Guide v5.0.8 has been released today, however we have to wait until tommorow to get the license file to use it  :)

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideDownloads/index.htm

Tyler

Quax76

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »
I got the information from SD a few minutes ago and am waiting for the download link ???

Now everything gets fine....
 8)

Offline tkane

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »
I just install a new version but I get error message "INTERNAL: INSTALLATION INCORRECT" when I trying open GUIDE.

What to do next?

Thomas

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »
Hi!

Normally this error occurs when the program is installed with an admin account and then opened with another account.

Please make sure that you have full admin rights for your user account when you install and use the software.

Here you can find the system requirements for our software.

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideDownloads/PLUS1GUIDESoftwareLicense/index.htm

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/engineering_file/c022247.pdf

If this does not help please call our help desk at +46 10 - 44 00 300.

Best regards // Thomas
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:25:28 AM by Nilla »

paterianus

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
When i run the 5.0 installer i get a message that a previous version has been detectedand I'm asked if I want it uninstalled.  If I select yes it says the system cannot find the file (selecting no stops the setup). Am I suspose to manually uninstall the the 4.3 version?

Pierre

Thomas

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
Hi Pierre!

To support you faster I think it is better if you please could call our NA help desk.

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideSupport/index.htm

Thanks // Thomas

Offline tkane

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:47 AM »
Hi!

Normally this error occurs when the program is installed with an admin account and then opened with another account.

Please make sure that you have full admin rights for your user account when you install and use the software.

Here you can find the system requirements for our software.

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Products/MobileElectronics/PLUS1Guide/PLUS1GuideDownloads/PLUS1GUIDESoftwareLicense/index.htm

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/engineering_file/c022247.pdf

If this does not help please call our help desk at +46 10 - 44 00 300.

Best regards // Thomas

Now it work fine, I just reinstall it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:26:02 AM by Nilla »