Author Topic: Error Licence (Service Tool)  (Read 23606 times)

Offline Emerson Zaionc

• PLUS+1 User
Error Licence (Service Tool)
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
Hello.
A message has recently started to appear when I boot my computer, telling you that the maintenance period has expired, but my license is no limit. I do not know what the reason is because my GUIDE works normally, but my SERVICE TOOL is only working in view mode, I can no longer create parameters pages or modify. Can you help me with this? What procedure should I follow to correct it?
Attached error images
Thank you for your attention.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Error Licence (Service Tool)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:18 PM »
I do see that the license says it's no limit, but could this be related to the new-ish annual renewal fee?  You know that they changed the pay structure so that GUIDE has a lower initial price, but there's an annual renewal fee for the Professional version.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Emerson Zaionc

• PLUS+1 User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »
This license is already old and probably has been paid the full amount of it, would not have to be charged any additional fee. Another thing is that only SERVICE TOOL is giving error, my GUIDE is normal.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:26:40 PM »
There is an additional fee.  Every year now you have to pay the renewal fee for the 'Professional' version of GUIDE.  Your GUIDE still works probably because there's still a free 'Express' version of GUIDE which doesn't let you use Compliance Blocks.  However, the 'Professional' version of GUIDE now requires that you pay an annual renewal fee.  I suspect that your annual fee may be due.

Alternatively, you can click 'Get Trial/Express' and get an express license.  This may work fine for you for the time being, but programs using Compliance Blocks won't compile.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:45:49 PM by FluidPowerTom »
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
Hello

Did you perhaps upgrade to new version of GUIDE recently? Because the new license system, with annual subscription, was implemented in the tool from 9.0 and forward.

However for old users, who had purchased the Pro license before the change, there was a new license key sent out in November 8, 2016, where the maintenance date was set to expire 1st of January 2020.

Your license ID and the way it appears on your screenshot implies you have one of these older Pro licenses. So check your mailbox for emails from plus1license@danfoss.com in November 2016, and you will hopefully find your new key there.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:28:16 PM »
DANIEL,

I got the same issue, I may be able to find out the key license back in november 2016 emails, but may be not.

but looks like at some point I would have to update to the new lecense system

so what is the right process for it?

Just to ask my dealer about it?

thanks for the advise

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 08:40:04 AM »
Hi Pinias!

Yes you need to transition over to the new license model and actually when you start to use PLUS+1 Software from version 9.0 and forward only this "new key" will work. If you're not able to find the email from November 2016 we can help you if you send us a picture of your license manager showing you're license ID to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
Hello Nilla,

Look I sent an email to the help desk with the information you ask for. so far I have not gotten any reply.

did you get my email?

thanks

Antonio