Author Topic: Advanced Checkpoint With Namespace Active Signal  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Scott_MARL

• PLUS+1 Developer
Advanced Checkpoint With Namespace Active Signal
« on: December 28, 2021, 11:51:07 PM »
My system is close to max CAN bus capacity and I need to turn check points on and off when using service tool.

Applying a constant True or False boolean can be complied but if I use a set value component or a switch between the boolean constant and the "Advanced Checkpoint with Namespace" the following error comes up.
  • ***Error 22 *** [CHPARGU2] ILLEGAL TYPE: {BOOL} ON COMPONENT: {Advanced Checkpoint with Namespace}, Entry A{2}

I tried compiling with Guide versions 2021.2, 2021.1, and 12.2 with the same results.

In the Plus+1 manual the A2 pin list Bool as a valid connection, is this intentional or is there a different way to interface with the check point to turn it on and off?
MARL Technologies

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Advanced Checkpoint With Namespace Active Signal
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 09:35:09 AM »
The advanced checkpoints can only use a True for False constant.

From the manual
The input to A2 must only be from a True or a False component; switched True and False inputs cause compiler errors

The compile process makes this component permanently:

Active if a True component is connected to its A2 input

Inactive if a False component is connected to its A2 input

Cannot be switched between active and inactive states by the Service Tool program or through an application

Checkpoints only load the bus when being actively monitored. Here is a link to another forum thread where this was discussed.
https://www.plus1forum.danfoss.com/index.php?topic=1492.msg5059#msg5059

If you are having issues you could try reducing the number of checkpoints being monitored at the same time.