Author Topic: Is Visible in Screen Editor  (Read 5963 times)

Offline LBee11

• PLUS+1 Developer
Is Visible in Screen Editor
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
I'm trying to get an image to appear when a boolean value is true on a HMI. I've added the image and now I assume I need to put the signal to display it in the "Is Visible" field, however nothing shows up in this field.

I have definitely passed the signals to the screen because signals show up in the "Enable" and "Priority" fields, but nothing in the "Is Visible" field.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong here? I simply want to show an image when a signal is true!

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Is Visible in Screen Editor
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
Hi LBee11!

To show your image you should connect the signal to your image under "Enable" in the Inspector to the left in the Screen Editor, like in the picture. Don't care about "Priority" and "Is Visible".

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk

Offline LBee11

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:01 PM »
Ah thanks, haven't actually downloaded to the HMI yet, was scratching my head about how to get my signal in there!

Why is it there if you don't use it?  ???

Offline LBee11

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:42:50 PM »
Another question about the visibility of screens:

If I connect a BOOL value to the SHOW pin of a display component, why, when I remove the TRUE value, does the screen not actually disappear? I thought that when you set SHOW to false, the screen would be hidden?

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
Hi LBee11!

You can read more about Priority and Is Visible on page 486 in the PLUS+1 GUIDE User Manual. They have different purposes.

If you only have one Show Screen component in your application this will be the case. If you hade two of them, like the attached picture, the second picture will be shown when you "deactivate" the first one like you mention with a BOOL value.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk