Author Topic: DTC/DM1 Interface  (Read 1967 times)

Offline LAHMcc

• PLUS+1 Novice
DTC/DM1 Interface
« on: April 06, 2022, 02:34:00 PM »
Hello,

I am currently working on utilising the DM1/DTC messages from an MC050 controller that we use on one of our machines.
I have used the "Fault_Mgr_Std", "Fault_DM1_2_Iface", "DM1_Tx" & "DM2_Tx" function blocks, with these the Fault definitions xlsm file has added into the program.

I have entered the relevant fault definitions into this spreadsheet and they are transferring onto the CAN system to our HMI display without issues.

However it does not seem to be generating .plg diagnostics file, to be included into the service tool application, when the "build project" button (and macro) is clicked in the xlsm spreadsheet.

Is there an additional operation that I am missing to do to generate this diagnostics file?
Or a different way to be able to include these diagnostics messages in a service tool application?
Any help gratefully received.

Offline BrianF

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: DTC/DM1 Interface
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »
LAHMcc,
The excel spread sheet creates a FaultDescriptions.js (javascript) file which you need to include in the service tool, but you can only add that file if you have the Service tool add-on . 

One other thing that I found out is the service tool does not read the SPN's it read the index of the error. So if you are trying to use the DM1 messages with more than one module you need a separate service tool for each module. 

If you are using v102 of the fault manager library, the instructions on adding the .js file are on page 12 of the Fault Manager User Manual which can be found in the function library tab in Plus+1 Guide.

Hope this helps,
Brian