Author Topic: Cannot register CADINT ActiveX control/ Access denied  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Stefan

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Expert
Cannot register CADINT ActiveX control/ Access denied
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:23 PM »
On some computers running Windows 7 there will be an error message when the user try to start GUIDE because GUIDE is not started as Run as administrator. (This is not the same as you are logged in as Administrator). The message says: "Cannot register CADINT ActiveX control". This message will not appear again if the user right click on the GUIDE icon and select "Run as administrator".

But even if the user has done this there might be another error if the GUIDE is opened by double clicking on a P1P or a P1X file. It appears when the user try to Query a component. That message will say "Access denied". This can be resolved by right clicking on the GUIDE icon and select Properties. In Properties, select Compatibility tab and check the check box "Run this program as an administrator".

Best regards
Stefan

NickO

Re: Cannot register CADINT ActiveX control/ Access denied
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »
Stefan,

Even after setting the Compatibility tab, I still get the "Access is denied" when I query a component.  Guide was working just fine until I installed the hardware and function libraries.  Even after uninstalling those, Guide is still broke.

Nick