Author Topic: Want to try GUIDE patch 7.0.7 Beta?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Want to try GUIDE patch 7.0.7 Beta?
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »
Hi PLUS+1 Users

We are about to release a patch for GUIDE 7, called 7.0.7, and would like to ask if there is someone here on the forum that might be interested in trying a beta release before the actual version 7.0.7 will be released.

The patch contains a set of bug fixes, of different kinds, that have been reported into Helpdesk since the last release of GUIDE 7.0.6 (see attached prel. release notes).

Interested?
In that case, please send an email to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com and we will contact you with more information.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline Marbek_Elektronik

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Marbek Elektronik
Re: Want to try GUIDE patch 7.0.7 Beta?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
Hi Daniel,

is the Version 7.0.7 compatibel to 7.0.6?
If I make changes in our software and send it to our customer, does he also need the beta-version?
Is he able to read the files in 7.0.6?

Is there any risk to me to use the beta by working on a project?

Bye
Bernd
Marbek Elektronik, Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Konrad
Dienstleistung, Entwicklung, Herstellung

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Want to try GUIDE patch 7.0.7 Beta?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
Hi Bernd

Yes, 7.0.7 is compatible with 7.0.6. The upcoming patch will only contain bugfixes without any major changes of the environment (of what is known while writing this).

Working with a Beta is always a risk and I would recommend you to work with a copy of your project while testing. The Beta version should only be used for testing of specific functionalities, NOT to design or compile a project that will be sent out to a customer.

Thanks a lot for asking.

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1® Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team