Author Topic: Problem of using J1939 Function Names_Rx  (Read 5646 times)

power4

Problem of using J1939 Function Names_Rx
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
Hi there, I have a problem of using the J1939 function Names_Rx, which is supposed to receive address claim messages send from other devices on the J1939 CAN bus. There are two MC024 controllers on a CAN bus. For both of them, I first used the AddrClaim_Tx_Rx module to do a address claim to get a unique address for each. For example, controller A has address 10 and controller B has address 11. Now, I want controller A to know the NAMES of controller B, so on the controller A, I used the Req_Names_Tx block to send a request. In order to receive the Names information returned from controller B, I set a Names_Rx block in the controller A. I can see the returned message from controller B with NAMES information using CANking. However, in the block of NAMES_Rx, I can not see anything in the output MSG.

Is there anybody have experience of using this NAMES_Rx block? Please give some hint. THANKS!

Offline jashom1

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Problem of using J1939 Function Names_Rx
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
Hi,  I have just discovered the same issue, and ended up making my own block to determine the NAMES from modules.  As far as I understand I was doing everything correctly but was not getting anything returned from the Names_Rx block.

We probably need to lodge a help desk call on this one.

John.

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Problem of using J1939 Function Names_Rx
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »
Hi.

It would be great if you could sent your application to helpdesk@sauer-danfoss-plus1.com, then we can have a look at it.

Thanks
Daniel
Plus1­™ Helpdesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team