Author Topic: Links to Danfoss site not working  (Read 8857 times)

Offline Sergio-DEK

• PLUS+1 Developer
  • Each is a programmer of its own luck.
    • www.dek.si
Links to Danfoss site not working
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
Hi everybody!

Has anyone noticed, that the links to literature on the Danfoss website, provided in this forum, do not work?
Same problem when following search results on Google.com. It states "error-404", "The page cannot be found".
It looks like the entire Danfoss site has been reorganised and now old links don't work anymore.

Regards,
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:13:23 PM by Sergio-DEK »
Sergio Kosic
DEK electronics

Thomas

Re: Links to Danfoss site not working
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »
Hello Sergio!

You are correct, our website has been updated to the new Engineering Tomorrow theme and unfortunately the links were also updated.

Film about Danfoss Engineering Tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanfossGroup

We will try to update the broken links if possible inside the user forum to reflect the updated Danfoss website.

I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

Thomas

Offline dlewis

• PLUS+1 Guru
    • Getman Corporation
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »
I've had similar problems.

I do NOT like the new layout.  It seems like they've gone out of their way to make things more difficult to find.  Also, I've noticed that they've changed the name of the HDW files, so now I don't know if I have the latest from the file name.

I'm beginning to wonder if they hired Parker's web designer.

Offline oiltronic

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 12:31:27 AM »
I have to agree with dlewis & Sergio-DEK.  The new website is difficult to navigate, too little information on a page, too much whitespace, too much scrolling required, too many clicks to find what's needed, too many 404's, and too difficult to compare products (tabular information please).

It makes shopping for a product extremely slow.  Like the Eaton website from a few years ago. (we ditched Eaton partly because it was so hard to get info & support.  By the way, about the Plus+1 support...)

I would love to know how many people here use a touchscreen versus some other pointing device (mouse, touchpad, etc) for navigating the Danfoss Plus+1 site.