Author Topic: DP200 Display Reboot Loop  (Read 6781 times)

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
DP200 Display Reboot Loop
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
Hello all,

I'm having some issues with a DP200 display, part number is 10106883.

Whenever I'm using structured text POUs blocks inside my Plus+1 program, even though they compile correctly within Guide, once loaded onto the screen using the service tool causes the display to get caught in a reboot loop.

I know its a ST issue because if I make the CALL input false, the issue goes away.

I've used ST blocks on a number of different of different applications such MC and SC controllers without issue. This is the first time I have used a DP200.

Has anyone had a similar experience or what i should look out for to try and fix this issue?

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: DP200 Display Reboot Loop
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:10:22 AM »
I believe this may be a more of a issue with DP200s and the Structured Text blocks.

I'm also not able to take variables OUT of a POU using ST into a Define Screen block either. Any of these variables are not seen by the block as Inputs in the DATA pin.

Anyone else experienced this?

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:22:50 PM »
I have had issues with variables coming out of a ST block not seeming to be defined.  I'd recommend putting a Retype on any variable coming out of a structured text block, and see if that works.  I don't typically do that when the variable is just going to normal components, but in this case it may fix your issue.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline bryantmorris

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:41:09 AM »
Nice to know someone else has had the same problem Tom.

Note that I haven't had the problem on any MC or SC product, only on the DP200. I haven't been able to solve the reboot issues and I have a new unit coming (unfortunately there wasn't any stock in Australia) to rule out a HW issue. The helpdesk guys haven't been able to suggest any fixes either for this problem and the fact that Guide doesn't see any problems make me think its HW based.

Very frustrating when you are trying to keep to a deadline for a customer and you get let down by the product you are using.

Offline Nilla

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
Hi Bryan!

Previous HWDs for DP200 have had problems with some timing features used with loops in PLC code. This could lead to loops being canceled prematurely to meet the deadline of the race.
However, the latest HWDs for DP200 / DP250 should have this fixed. Although we've never seen a device reboot because of this.

The best thing would be if you could send your application to plus+1helpdesk@danfoss.com for further analysis.

The next best thing would be if you could reduce your PLC code quantity to the minimum possible that still works, and then put back the code bit by bit until it stops working again, and finally send us that information.

What memory usage (ROM / RAM) is used in the application when compiling?

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team