Author Topic: Updating/Replacing a hardware file  (Read 3793 times)

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
Updating/Replacing a hardware file
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
Hi,

I've build a program based on a DP250-01-01-05-05-00 (this is my customer's DP250 part number). I would like to test the progam here at the shop, but I have only access to a DP250-00-01-05-00-00. The only difference between the two are the 4 extra DIN/AIN inputs (which I'm not using in my program) and the ability to use the Application Log (which I'm also not using in my program).

I tried to start a program from scratch based on the DP250-01-01-05-05-00 hardware file and replace the page that graphically looks like a DP250 with my own page (that include my program). Doing this, a lot of errors are popping out. The errors are related to the fonts, the images and the texts that I've created in my program. I would need to redo all the images, fonts and texts for it to work.

I've thought about the Static Simulator, but I've seen that there is currently no simulator file for the DP250.

Let me know if there is a workaround about this.

Thanks!

Sam

Offline Daniel

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Updating/Replacing a hardware file
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
Hi spittet

When importing a page that contains a screen page into a new project, things like font, images and texts created in the original project do not follow.

In your case you could instead try to temporarily change the hardware in your original program to the DP250 that you have in store. Do this by right-click on the DP250-00-01-0x-00-00 under Displays under the Hardware tab and select "Use this hardware in project".
After the testing is performed, you just change back to the original hardware (DP250-01-01-0x-05-00) again by following the same procedure.

You will also need to temporarily remove the unused I/Os (the 4 extra) that are not used during the test. That can be done by exporting them as blocks (Y-key). Then you can simply just adding them back again after the test (with B-key).

Best regards
Daniel
PLUS+1 HelpDesk
PLUS+1® Help Desk Team

Offline spittet

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: Updating/Replacing a hardware file
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I tried it and it worked using the "Use this hardware in project" function.

Thanks again!

Sam