Author Topic: PLUS+1 Developer's Conference in 2020?  (Read 4349 times)

Offline ToddT

• PLUS+1 Developer
PLUS+1 Developer's Conference in 2020?
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:17:29 PM »
Is Danfoss planning a developer's conference this year?
The event in 2017 was excellent and provided a very good opportunity to learn about new products as well as gain insight into efficient application development within the Danfoss PLUS+1 environment.

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
Re: PLUS+1 Developer's Conference in 2020?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
I am also a big fan of the developer's conference.  Interacting with other developers outside of my bubble is useful, and so is interacting with the PLUS1 team.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline jlindholm

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 11:00:49 AM »
Hello guys.
I am happy that you think the Developers Conference is valuable for you and you asking for a new opportunity to attend one.
There will not be a Developers Conference in 2020, but we hope to have one in 2021. In these COVID-19 times it’s hard to know when we can start planning…
Best Regards
Jonas Lindholm

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
Well, 2021 is over half way complete, and COVID is still around.  That said, I think we can be confident that late 2022 will be looking much better.  Here's hoping for a big 2022 Developer's Conference.  There are a lot of new PLUS+1 products to show off and discuss!
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline Tor

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:47:29 AM »
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately there will be no Face-to-Face Developers Conference this year, and your guess is as good as anyone else's when the next one will be held. But late 2022 seems reasonable.
On the other hand, there are plans to maybe have a Virtual Developers Conference online already this year. I don't know more than that, but there is a high demand, from customers and Danfoss, to arrange this.  More information will come.

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to give us tips and ideas on what topics you may be interested in. Both for the Face-to-Face and the Virtual one.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Tor
PLUS+1® SW PAE Team

Offline FluidPowerTom

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 05:16:57 PM »
Tor, thanks for the response.

I'll add that an online Developer's Conference seems like it'd be just a webinar.  I can't imagine why there's high demand for that.  If you do host a virtual conference maybe try to break it down into smaller groups.  It could never approach the experience of having developers to talk with in-person about applications, but maybe it will get people talking with each other instead of just death by PowerPoint.
Controls Engineer
Hydra-Power Systems

Offline BrianF

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »
Tor,
I would like some a session on software design patterns.  For example thinks like the screen Indexing based display that was shown in the Advanced Training.
Other good topics would be:
  • Good design architecture for handling and reporting errors.
  • How to use and customize the Fault Manager Library.
  • Good practices for handling and storing parameters in systems where you have multiple modules.
  • Recommended designs for communication between modules.

Thank you,
--Brian