Author Topic: Wireless CAN  (Read 9759 times)

fbent

Wireless CAN
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »
Has anyone replaced the CAN wire between microcontroller and the display with a wireless system and what are the problems to watch for.

Offline mebib

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: Wireless CAN
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »
Hello fbent
I'm using a bluetooth brige to connect the CG150 to my application. Works perfect, just the logging rate wil slowdown slightly. So in my opinion, it should work with the display in the same way. Especial if you have no to time critical communication.

By the way, I'm using a pair of "CANlink Bluetooth"-Interfaces from www.rmcan.com

BetterAdapted

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 01:34:09 PM »

http://www.kvaser.com/en/products/can/wireless.html

They make the CG150 for sauer danfoss (its a Kvaser Leaf OEM - reduced firmware so Kvaser Library dll wont work dirrectly with it but does work on CanKing)

Kvaser drivers and material very good - I use dual port USBScanII for simulation of dual bus systems

Christian

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:12 AM »
hi!

I want to communicate wireless between two machines. I must be able to send and receive in both ends. I accept delays up to 1sec.
Anyone know how to do this? (Distance between machines are approx. 100metres)

paterianus

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
The  Welotec GmbH system looking promising, 90m indoors, 1000m outdoors.

BetterAdapted

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
we have used rmcan ehternet units - they are really canopen but they can be set to pass through all data or you can use filters if you want. we have one of the wifi units of theirs to - setup is the same except wireless settings of course. seems like good stuff.