Author Topic: class1 division 2  (Read 96 times)

Offline pinias

• PLUS+1 Guru
class1 division 2
« on: June 10, 2019, 04:43:37 PM »
hello there,

I guess I am not the only one that would like to get a plus 1 controller and display certified under class 1 division 2 or in other words to work in a hazardous enviroment, after all heavy duty machinery works also at underground mining under such conditions.

it will make life easier to monitor all diesel engine parameters (Class 1 Division 2 engine controls certified, of course) without the need of a NEMA 7 enclosure or a pressurized cabin

so far what we have to do is to find a gateway to convert from J1939 to MODBUS, this goes inside a NEMA 7 box then the display is C1D2 but all data is retrieved from the MODBUS.

my thought is that the plus 1 controller and display will pass easily the requirements to be a C1D2 product but I guess Danfoss is not willing to work on that.
Does anyone else wish this could happen?

Regards

Offline Nilla

• Administrator
  • PLUS+1 Guru
Re: class1 division 2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi Pinias!
It's correct, so far the controllers and displays are not certified under the class 1 division 2.

I did ask this question to the Connect & Control Solutions sales and marketing organization and the feedback I got was that this is a business decision that needs to be further investigated and decided upon based on market trends, as well as other factors.

Best regards
Nilla
PLUS+1 Helpdesk team